South Coast Tour by Minibus
A south coast sightseeing tour in a minibus.
Duration: 9,5 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
The South Coast of Iceland has so much to offer and to be seen. This part of the country is very rich in magnificent and diverse landscapes, ranging from vast farmlands, active volcanoes, numerous ice caps, glacier outlets and Glacier Rivers, amazing waterfalls, wide black sandy plains and beaches of black and fascinating basalt rock formations. The area is also renowned for its abundant bird life.
The tour is rich in information about Iceland, its geology, its rich culture and its landscapes.
After pick up, we start driving along highway #1. On the way, we stop to visit some of the main highlights of the south coast.These highlights include:
- Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss, both of them are amazingly beautiful waterfalls that receive their water directly from Eyjafjallajokull glacier that sits on top of the volcano of the same name that erupted in 2010 and caused trouble to the air traffic in Europe at that time.
- Reynisfjara black sandy beach. There, you discover some amazing basalt rock formations(columnar basalt) and the black volcanic sand. During summer season(from May to end of August) puffins can be seen on top of the cliffs in the area. That is one of their main breeding areas in Iceland
- Vik village where you have enaugh time to enjoy a lunch break. There, you can also visit the local wool factory before starting our drive back to Reykjavik.
- Sólheimajökull and outlet (snout) originating from Mýrdalsjokull, Iceland´s fourth largest glacier. There, we go for a short walk to get closer to the glacier. This is one of the best examples about how fast glaciers melt due to the global warming(climate change)
Back to Reykjavik
Highlights of the tour:
- Reynisfjara black sandy beach
- Vik small village
- Sólheimajokull glacier outlet(snout)
- Pick up & drop off in Reykjavik
- English speaking driver guide
- Comfortable mini bus
What do I need to bring
- Good shoes
- Warm clothes
- Good mood