Snorkeling and Caving
Combining snorkeling and caving gives you the ultra experience of Icelandic nature.
Duration: 6,5 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
You will explore the hidden world of the lava fields
by foot by caving in the Blue Mountain area and visit the UNESCO World Heritage site
, Þingvellir national park and snorkel the freshwater fissure Silfra, one of the best diving site in the world
Silfra is a freshwater fissure about
60-63 meters where it is the deepest and you can almost see to end of it
as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like
flying. No diving experience is needed as you will snorkel at the
surface of the canyon. We provide all the gear that you need and offer
snorkeling in wetsuit and drysuit all dependant on your interest. We
however recommend the wetsuit as you will feel more free and be able to
dive as well, no diving licence is required.
The cave we will visit is called Leiðarendi. The 900 meter long lava
tube offers unique rock formations, such as stalactites and shelves.
Some light crawling may be required yet Leiðarendi cave has a rather
easy access to the underworld wonders of the Icelandic lava fields.
- Pick up and drop-off in Reykjavík
- English speaking guide
- All necessary equipment for snorkeling
- All necessary equipment for caving
- FREE underwater Silfra photos
- Hot chocolate for snorkeling
What do I need to bring
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling
- Swimwear and towel for wetsuit
- Base layer / thermals for dry suit
- Warm socks, woolen - extra pairs
- Camera - you can rent a GoPro camera by us