A combination of various amazing glacier experiences
After exploring Iceland's glaciers for over a decade with visitors from around the world we quickly found that it´s just not the same to look at an ice fall cascading down from a 2000m high caldera from a distance. You need to be in it to fully appreciate the force and size. We created the Explorer trip to give our guests this experience.
After you explore the glacier you need to drive for about 45 minutes towards "Fjallsárlón"lagoon for a Zodiac boat tour on the lagoon around the icebergs.
- Glacier hike
- All necessary glacier equipment
- A Zodiac boat tour on Fjallsárlón lagoon
- Waterproof jacket and pants (We do have rental clothing available)
- Hiking boots (Available for rent, 1000 isk. We advise against runners or any type of shoe that comes up below the ankle bone as the straps on the crampons can get a bit painful during the walk)(Climbing boots are included on the ice climbing tour)
- Light sweater, wool or fleece
- Light synthetic or quick dry pants (Try and stay clear of jeans on the longer trips as they get wet & cold quick and dry slow)
- Thin Gloves
- Small Backpack (Can be handy to carry camera, rain gear and all extras)
- Sunglasses and sun protection (It can get quite bright on the ice with the reflection)
- Food and drinks (Lunch is not provided on any of our trips. June - September there is plenty of fresh water on the glacier so bring a bottle)
- Camera (If you forget everything else don´t forget that)
What if I don’t have the necessary items?
You can rent hiking boots, waterproof jacket and pants from us when you book your tour.
All gear is also available for rent at the booking house in Skaftafell.
Why book with GetLocal?Our promise is to offer great products and superior customer service. If you need to cancel, make changes or help planning your vacation you can count on us to be there by your side.