Drysuit Snorkeling in Silfra
For those who want to get into the Silfra fissure, but don't have a diving license.
Add to my
• Product ID: 14748
Operated by Adventure Vikings
Duration: 4,5 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Silfra is one of the top dive sites in the world
and situated in the UNESCO World Heritage Site,
Thingvellir, only about 50 km from Reykjavik. Silfra is a freshwater fissure about 60-63 meter deep, where you can almost see end to end as the water is so clear. The water is so pristine it feels like flying.
By snorkeling in drysuit you will get protection from the cold water if the fissure as the drysuit is constructed from layers of insulating fabric. However we always recommend you rather to take the wetsuit
as you will have so much more fun. Adventurebox is the only Icelandic company that offers wetsuit snorkeling in Silfra and we can assure you that you won’t regret snorkeling in the wetsuit. Instead of just floating heavily on the surface like you do in a drysuit you will be able to dive into the fissure in the wetsuit. No diving experience or diving licence is needed.
- All necessary gear for snorkeling
- English speaking guide
- FREE photos
- Hot chocolate
What do I need to bring
- Clothes suited to dress under a drysuit such as long warm underwear or sweat suit, warm socks
- Warm clothes to wear prior and after the snorkeling, extra pair of woolen socks
- Towel and swimwear if you are doing the wetsuit snorkeling
- Lunch or Snack - optional
- Waterproof camera
- You can rent a GoPro camera with us for 6900 ISK